Online Coaching with Holly MacDonald

Progress of Zoe Fournier & ''Joey''

Contributors

Monday, February 22, 2010

Bits

Here is a list of bits I've tried with Joey so far. :)
(these are in no particular order)
1 2) 3)

1)This is the first bit I tried with him. I had just bought him (he had just turned 4), and this was the only non-shanked bit there was at our local "tack shop". He actually quite liked it, and loved the copper rollers.

2) A trainer recomended this bit to me. I liked the full cheek when Joey was really green, but it started getting in the way so I stopped using it. Joey wasn't a fan of it, but didn't react badly to it, either.

3)This bit I actually bought about a year ago. It's probably one of Joey's favorite bits that I've tried. He still chews on it and plays with it, but I can ride with contact without him throwing a fit.



4) 5) 6)

4)My most recent bit. I haven't used it all that much, but so far Joey seems to be fine with it. A lot of chewing, though.

5)Tried this one once, just to see what he thought of the mouthpiece. He's not the kind of horse who will throw a fit, but he did then. He did not like it at all, no matter how loose my reins were.
6)Again, tried this one once. He didn't seem to like the twisted mouthpiece, but didn't throw a fit, either.

And then there's the one I'm using in the videos, which is just a plain snaffle. You can pretty much see how he reacts to it in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment