Online Coaching with Holly MacDonald

Progress of Zoe Fournier & ''Joey''

Contributors

Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Plan of Attack

Your pattern was absolutely great, Zoe.  I would really like to see you give this a try in the February IPHDA Show - the deadline is March 8th, so you still have time to get a video in!  You could do Level 1, Pattern #2, and I'm sure you would be very happy with the results.  Throw on a saddle (english or western) and use pylons as shown on iphda.com.  Also, make sure your videographer stands to the left side of the arena if you choose to enter the show.  Go for it! 

We have already covered the tools that I think will help you best with Joey's current performance, so let's see what happens when we put them into action!  To summarize, I would like to see you work on the following 4 exercises:

- Circles for the Ribcage  (Later progressing to #2, Leg Yielding Circle & #3, Double Reverse Counter Arc.  We can tackle those in time.)
- Backing Up in Circles
- Pivot on the Forehand (POTF)
- Haunches In

When you feel ready, video you and Joey doing these exercises, along with you at the walk, jog, lope, stop & back up.   I'm anxious to see how it goes!  It will not come over night, but typically you will see a difference over a course of 3-5 rides.  I think this will make a huge difference in your routine, and will get you really feeling for a reaction in Joey's body.  I would really like to see you using Bit #4 (the D ring with ported Billy Allen style mouthpiece.) 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!  If you'd like, we can also arrange a time to chat on Facebook or MSN.  I have thrown a lot of info at you over the past couple of days, so please take your time and don't feel like there is a rush.  I'm looking forward to seeing another video and I hope you will consider doing this IPHDA V-Show!  You're ready.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment