Online Coaching with Holly MacDonald

Progress of Zoe Fournier & ''Joey''

Contributors

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Videos!

I managed to get a few videos the other day (one of our warm up and one of a pattern). I know they're dark and pretty bad quality, but I think you can still see what's going on? If not, I can get new ones tomorrow.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDWDTrgj_ug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLkpoFCMsTc&feature=channel

I'm saddle shopping, and still haven't found one that fits both of us and is withing my budget, so I either have to ride bareback, or with my english saddle for now.

Alright, so here are a few questions:
-When warming up, I never know what to do! I walk around a bit, do a few pivots, stop and then jog and do the same. Do you have any good excercises to do to warm him up, or is what I'm doing ok?

-In our jog/lope transitions he always throws his head up. Is there a reason for this? Should I worry about it, or will he stop once he gets more training?

-He loves chewing and playing with his bit. Is it good or bad? and if it's bad what should I do to get him to stop? (I've tried about 5 bits and he does it with all of them)

That's all I can think of for now :)
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment